What Happens Now?
For the fourth year running the Sussex Business Awards have received a ten per cent increase in award entries.
Judging is well under way, with around one hundred businesses from thirty towns across the county competing for sixteen trophies.
How does the judging work?
The final decisions are always made at the judge’s meeting, where the sponsors and judges come together under the chairmanship of Mike Herd, executive director of the Sussex Innovation Centre. Mike will ask any companies who have a vested interest in the success of a particular applicant are asked to declare their partisanship and leave the room!
Prior to this meeting the judges will have scored entries and carried out various interviews with their personal shortlist. Not every entrant is interviewed – only those whom the judges feel have real potential to make their long list.
Following the judges’ meeting there may well be panel interviews for the individual awards. This will be decided at the judges meeting on 17 October.
All entrants are emailed asap after the judges meeting and the shortlist is announced in The Argus on Tuesday 28 October and in the November issues of Sussex Business Times and Absolute Brighton.
If you are interested in purchasing tickets to the Awards ceremony, then make sure you book them soon. This is the twenty sixth anniversary and it’s going to be a big year!
The ceremony will take place on Wednesday 10 December 2014 at The Grand, Brighton and will be attended by over 500 of the county’s leading business people.
Tickets cost £90 each (plus VAT) or £850 (plus VAT) for a table of ten. This includes champagne reception, three course meal, and two bottles of wine on each table, as well as entertainment, dancing and a few surprises.
- 2017 Sussex Business Awards Winners Announced
- 2017 SHORTLIST ANNOUNCED
- LAUNCH OF THE 2017 SUSSEX BUSINESS AWARDS
- 28th Sussex Business Awards Winners Announced
- Businessperson of the Year Shortlist Announced
- 2016 FINALISTS ANNOUNCED
- Deadline Extended for 2016 Awards
- 2016 Awards Open For Business
- 2015 Winners Announced
- TICKETS SOLD OUT!
- 2015 FINALISTS ANNOUNCED
- What Happens Now?
- Wealden District Searches for the Most Sustainable Business
- Awards Open for Business
- Launch of the 27th Sussex Business Awards
- Sussex Business Awards Reveals New Category Sponsor
- WINNERS REVEALED AT 26th SUSSEX BUSINESS AWARDS
- What Happens Now?
- Deadline Extended For Sussex Business Awards